[Fwd: Slumgully anyone?]

Darla Wells dlw3208 at LOUISIANA.EDU
Tue Mar 13 18:30:13 UTC 2007

I encountered it by way of an ex whose mother used to make it in Indiana. She
called it Slum and it had hamburger, celery, onions, potatoes, and kidney
beans and whatever else a person felt like adding (except when cooking for
said ex, who swore it had to be Mom's recipe or none at all). The first time
he mentioned it and we cooked it was in California while traveling with a
carnival. That stuff sure gets around.
Darla

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 11:10:27 -0700, Jonathan Lighter wrote

> Sender: American Dialect Society
> Poster: Barbara Need
> Subject: [Fwd: Slumgully anyone?]
>
> >From another list. I will forward replies. B

With magic, you can turn a frog into a prince. With science, you can turn a
frog into a Ph.D and you still have the frog you started with. (Terry Pratchett)