Hollywood Bath (1944)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Tue Mar 20 03:44:08 UTC 2007

My wife and I were looking at homes once again today. I can get 4000 square
feet, a five car-garage, a jacuzzi, a pool, and three acres of land for the
price of my Manhattan closet.
I told the real estate agent that I really didn't understand "Jack and Jill
bathrooms." I had thought that they went up a hill to fetch a pail of water,
so  who wants to take a bath like that? He said that they're also called
"Hollywood  baths."
No OED or DARE entry for "Hollywood bath"? Is this a regional term? Online
citations appear most frequently from Texas (or Florida or Virginia) real
estate.
Citations date from at least 1944, but I haven't checked ProQuest's Los
Angeles Times.
23 January 1944, Oakland (CA) Tribune, pg. 4D, col. 4 classified ad:
2 large bedrooms; Hollywood bath;...
30 September 1945, Oakland (CA) Tribune, pg. 6D, col. 4 classified  ad:
5-room home, Hollywood bath,...
7 November 1946, Oakland (CA) Tribune, pg. 35, col. 4 classified ad:
5 rooms plus Hollywood bath;...
(VARIOUS GOOGLE HITS)
_Horseshoe Bay Property Management and Rentals_
(http://www.touringtexas.com/hsbrentals/index.htm)      The one bedroom condos have a full bath, while  the
larger condos have a bath and half, or "Hollywood" bath. Other  amenities
include washers and dryers, ...
www.touringtexas.com/hsbrentals/index.htm - 7k -
_12923 Wincrest Court Cypress, TX 77429 The enduring value and  ..._
(http://www.davelockwood.com/12923_wincrest_court/details.html)      Upstairs is a
HUGE game room; 3 large bedrooms;  2 large "Hollywood" baths; large study with
French doors...  spacious, well-maintained, and versatile. ...
www.davelockwood.com/12923_wincrest_court/details.html - 4k  -
_Modern B & B -  Houston, Texas - BBOnline.com / Introduction_
(http://www.bbonline.com/tx/modern/)      One side of the townhouse has two bedrooms
connected by a Hollywood bath. Each bedroom has stained pine floors  and great
windows. ...
www.bbonline.com/tx/modern/ - 15k  -
_Houston  Texas Homes By Ronnie and Cathy Matthews_
(http://www.mlpodcast.com/ronnieandcathy.xml)      B-I-G secondary bdrms - two with Hollywood
bath!Sprinkler + security sys!Klein ISD! ... Huge 2ndary bds  w/Hollywood bath + tons
of stg space! MLS 6334717  ...
www.mlpodcast.com/ronnieandcathy.xml - 127k  -
_Greensheet Classifieds Houston : Townhomes, Condos_
(http://www.thegreensheet.com/houston/real-estate-for-rent/c360/rss/e65672/)      Small 2 bedroom with
Hollywood Baths, 2  car garage. W/d connections, central a/h, gas, water &
trash paid.  $865 month & $865 deposit. Housing Accepted! ...
www.thegreensheet.com/houston/www.thegreensheet.com/houston/<WBR>real-estate-f
or-ren
_The Kink Team -  The Woodlands Texas Real Estate & Homes For Sale ..._
(http://www.sitetraffic.com/kink.xml)
... faux finished walls w/ textures in dining  & kitchen, Corian counters,
lots of cabinets, Hollywood bath  & private screened balcony off master suite.
www.sitetraffic.com/kink.xml - 85k -
_Houston homes, Houston Open Houses, and New Houston  Listings_
(http://search.har.com/idx/DispSearch.cfm?cid=1783&mlnum=5218731&ALLMLS=N&class=1&siteType=F
CWS&sTYPE=0)
Dryer Included, Tile, High Ceiling, Refrigerator  Included, Fire/Smoke Alarm,
Washer Included, Hollywood Bath.  Fireplace:, 1 / Gas Connections, Wood
Burning ...
search.har.com/idx/DispSearch.cfm?cid=1783&<WBR>mlnum=52&ALLMLS=N&class=1&site
Type=FCWS&a...  - 38k  -

_GALVESTON.COM: The Pointe Apartment Homes_
(http://www.galveston.com/thepointe/)      energy efficient kitchens; ceiling fans;  spacious bedrooms;
Hollywood baths; gated community; ocean  views; two swimming pools; jacuzzi; picnic
area ...
www.galveston.com/thepointe/ - 32k  -
_Homes for Sale in Orchard Lakes, Sugar Land, Texas  $290000_
(http://www.sugarlandrealestate4sale.com/Sugar_Land/Texas/Homes/77478_-_Sugar_Land/Orchard_Lak
es/Agent/Listing_749225.html)      ... corian kitchen counters with  island
and walk-in pantry, hollywood baths, gameroom and loft  with built in computer
desk, lots of decorative niches,  ...
www.sugarlandrealestate4sale.com/.../Texas/www.sugarlandrealestate4sale.com/..
./Texas/<WBR>Homes/77478_-_Sugar_Land/Orchard_Lakes
_Find  Virginia Beach apartments and homes for rent in the VIRGINIA  ..._
(http://www.banyangrovetownesquare.com/)      Banyan Grove at Towne Square places
you in  the starring role, with Hollywood baths, "sun and  stars" rooms,
soaring nine foot ceilings and much more.  ...
www.banyangrovetownesquare.com/ - 37k  -