"The Long War"

Landau, James James.Landau at NGC.COM
Tue Mar 20 20:47:19 UTC 2007

I have never seen this term before, nor do I know how much of a
Washington insider Oliver North currently is.
<quote>
Buy American
By Oliver North
Friday, January 19, 2007
<snip>
For more than a decade Air Force wonks have been tinkering with the
design and specifications for a new aerial tanker. The planes are an
absolute necessity for the kinds of worldwide deployments being
conducted in the global war on terror ---- or "The Long War"  -- in
Washington's new vernacular.
</quote>
Quoted from
http://www.townhall.com/columnists/OliverNorth/2007/01/19/buy_american?p
age=full&comments=true
OT:  as a chauvinistic Northrop-Grumman employee, let me say that, while
I have not seen anything else North has written and therefore cannot
judge him as a columnist, in this particular column he does not know
what he is talking about.

      - Jim Landau
        Test Engineer
        Northrop-Grumman Information Technology