Antedating of Bazooka(the instrument) 1918

Sun Mar 25 21:57:34 UTC 2007

On Mar 25, 2007, at 17:44, Douglas G. Wilson wrote:

> But that would be "booty" with a "-z-" infix, right? If so, the
> milieu may
> not be right.

If you're thinking the milieu is hip-hop or rap culture, then I doubt
it it's booty + z infix, since "bazooty" dates to at least as early
as 1991 before the now-waning bout of Z infixing gained steam. And
none of the cites I have for it are from that milieu. "Bazooty" is
not common, in any case.

Grant