OT: "Hamburger" bill passed by Texas House

Amy West medievalist at W-STS.COM
Mon Mar 26 04:28:12 UTC 2007

I thought of you, Barry, when my 2nd grader brought home an issue of
Time for Kids with a sidebar on all the places fighting to claim the
hamburger. My Wurst kids "know" that "hamburger" is made from people
from Hamburg and "frankfurters" are made from people from Frankfurt,
and we're pretty sure of the ingredients of Touristenwurst, so we
just don't get all the hoo-ha over it.

---Amy West