MILF (was Re: change from the bottom up)

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed May 2 04:06:45 UTC 2007

At 11:39 PM -0400 5/1/07, Wilson Gray wrote:

>Or consider the joking use of "Negro-dialect" forms like "I _gots_"
>and "I _goes_" by Stephen Colbert. Of course, what with Stephen's
>being from South Carolina, such usages may not necessarily be "Negro"
>for him. And, of course, he doesn't see color, in the racial sense, in
>any case.

...as in this memorable moment:

"Well, guess what, nerds. I gots me one."
--Stephen Colbert, placing a new Nintendo Wii video system atop his
desk on his Report, 11/28/06, who then used the boxing game to knock
out Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

[a popular You-Tube segment, no longer viewable because Verizon has
asserted ownership]

LH