Re: [ADS-L] Historian Criticizes Google Book Search Quality

Fri May 4 12:11:20 UTC 2007

On May 3, 2007, at 21:36, RonButters at AOL.COM wrote:

> I have had an aol account for about ten years and have never heard
> of "AOLs
> Live Search Books." A search using AOL's search engine turns up only
> Microsoft's "Live Search Books"--which of course seems to require
> Windows to run. What
> does AOL have to do with it? Is this something that is going to be
> available to
> Mac users?

I think you've got it right, Ron, except that the Windows Live Book
Search does work on Mac in Firefox and Safari. The form that I access
is here:

http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=&scope=books&FORM=BCBB

Perhaps Jon mistyped AOL when he meant Windows.

Grant Barrett
Double-Tongued Dictionary
http://www.doubletongued.org/
editor at doubletongued.org

Listen to "A Way With Words," a lively Q&A show about language from
KPBS!
http://www.kpbs.org/words/