"prom baby"

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue May 8 00:43:21 UTC 2007

Pretty depressing.  On the subject of proms, though not babies
conceived thereat, last night's "Without a Trace" centered around
unpleasant but ultimately non-fatal events transpiring at a prom
concerning drug money, true love, corrupt parents, et al., and the
anarthous version ("at prom", "to prom", etc.) was used by the young
men and women throughout.  Good writing, I guess, though I would have
been totally stumped had it not been for our thread several months
ago.  The show is set in NYC, so presumably the prom in question was
somewhere in the city or the suburbs, though of course the show may
be written and filmed in LA for all I know.

LH