Can sound be put in these messages?

Jesse Sheidlower jester at PANIX.COM
Tue May 8 18:48:19 UTC 2007

On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 06:20:33PM +0000, Tom Zurinskas wrote:
> Is there a technical problem with putting sound in this email list.  As a
> group interested in dialects we could really use it here.  Perhaps we could
> partner with another site that does support voice.

There's no technical reason, but opening the list up to
potentially large attachments would be a big can of worms with
little upside.  It's very rare that people have a real need to
include sound files with messages; if we did want to do this
there would be better solutions (e.g. uploading the files to
the ADS website).

Jesse Sheidlower