Can sound be put in these messages?

Fri May 11 08:49:50 UTC 2007

But vocabulary IS part of a dialect, as are all parts of the grammar,
not just the phonology.  Morphology, syntax, and, I  would argue,
pragmatics, all can show dialectal variation as well (yes, that
phrase comes naturally to me, too), so those are valid subjects for
discussion in this forum too.  I wouldn't mind LINKS to sound
samples, or web sites that contain them (and we could use more of
those--I would love to see an American and Canadian equivalent to the
Collect Britain series  of dialectal snippets based on Survey of
English Dialects and later recordings), but, when I'm not at school,
I am dependent on dial--up, and opening gigantic files takes
forever.   I see your point, but...

Paul Johnston