Work on regional variation in mass/count nouns?

Dennis Preston preston at MSU.EDU
Mon May 14 16:18:01 UTC 2007

Carol G. Preston (the former Carol Guagliardo, of Milwaukee birth and
upbringing) has all such two-handled jointed tools as a + "plural" (a
pliers, a scissors, a clippers, with an interesting lack of intuition
about "nail clippers" as opposed to "grass clippers").

On another front, Milwaukeeans can (somewhat like "count chad" and
"drive truck") "buy bakery," and older respondents could "buy dairy."

dInIs