Can sound be put in these messages?

Wed May 16 17:36:57 UTC 2007

Bev wrote:

At 01:29 PM 5/15/2007, Tom Zurinskas wrote:
>I am actually reading the text I've written that you should be able
>to read in this message as well.

Sorry, I can't parse this.
<<<

As he said at the start of the email message, "I'll read the text below."
Below the URL comes the script of the voice file. If you listen to the voice
file, you'll hear him reading a paragraph of text including that sentence.
It worked for me.

I had no trouble parsing this sentence, apart from the deictic ambiguity
that "I am actually reading" refers to the here-and-now of recording the
voice file (and, by extension, listening to it), while "this message" refers
to the email message. If I were editing it for scholarly publication I would
change the relativizer and the punctuation as follows: "I am actually
reading the text I've written, which you should be able to read in this
message as well." But that is not worth sweating about in this forum.

This does look like a decent way to refer to sound files from the mailing
list. Of course, I know nothing about springdoo.com.

-- Mark A. Mandel
[This text prepared with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.]