Assorted Comments

sagehen sagehen at WESTELCOM.COM
Wed May 23 00:33:50 UTC 2007

>I haven't googled, but Europe seems to accommodate slums as well: "The
>slums of London - Glasgow - Marseilles - Cadiz - Moscow - etc."  Also
>Australia: "Yhe slums of Sydney."
>
>  So, everywhere but the U.S.
>
>  JL
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~
Whoa.  There ARE still rural slums.  Not usually as crowded as the old
urban ones, but with substandard housing, furnished with cast-offs  &
lacking storage space for the utterly worn-out, often surrounded by the
corpses of machinery & furniture.  As the "inner cities" -- or whatever the
current euphemism may be -- are appropriated by the gentry to be
gentrified, the rural slums will proliferate.
AM

W stands for >:<  War ____Waste___Wiretaps____Witchhunts  >:<