The Great Pop vs. Soda Controversy (UNCLASSIFIED)

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed May 23 20:33:18 UTC 2007

Thanks, Bill. BTW, a current hiphop side has the title, "Buy U a
Drank." I'm going to have to listen to it and see what's it's about.
As it is, I have a picture in my head of a would-be playa saying, "Go
hed own, baybih. Buy U a drank. Put't own my tab. I pay faw it."

-Wilson

On 5/23/07, Mullins, Bill AMRDEC <Bill.Mullins at us.army.mil> wrote:
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       "Mullins, Bill AMRDEC" <Bill.Mullins at US.ARMY.MIL>
> Subject:      Re: The Great Pop vs. Soda Controversy (UNCLASSIFIED)
>
> Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
> Caveats: NONE
>
> Absolutely.  Ain't nothing like a Nehi Orange drank <G> when you're hot
> and thirsty, 'cept maybe a Nehi Grape.  But my Dad always said a
> Grapette was even better (and just a nickel a bottle).

-----
                                              -Sam'l Clemens