The Great Pop vs. Soda Controversy

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Wed May 23 21:14:50 UTC 2007

You mean RC isn't still Royal Crown, much as Coke is Coca-Cola?

  Say it ain't so.

  Even if it's so.

  JL

Wilson Gray <hwgray at GMAIL.COM> wrote:
Sender: American Dialect Society
Poster: Wilson Gray
Subject: Re: The Great Pop vs. Soda Controversy

I don't remember AAA, but I do remember Dad's Old-Fashioned Root Beer.
Wasn't RC originally "Royal Crown Cola" and a contemporary of NeHi?
How about Garrett snuff and Mail Pouch snuff or Bull of The Woods
chewing tobacco (Sung: Bull of The Woods chewing tobacco / Mellow and
sweet. Sound of bull lowing: "Mmaaw!" Spoken: He's the boss!).
Remember when "bull of the woods" was a common slang term for
"foreman, supervisor," whence "He's the boss!"?

-Wilson

On 5/23/07, Charles Doyle wrote:
> Sender: American Dialect Society
> Poster: Charles Doyle
> Subject: Re: The Great Pop vs. Soda Controversy
>
> And how about Grapette? AAA Rootbeer? Orange Crush? Stumbling down Memory Lane . . . .
>
> --Charlie

-----
-Sam'l Clemens

Need Mail bonding?