"Mc-" prefix, 1963

Alice Faber faber at HASKINS.YALE.EDU
Thu May 24 15:18:33 UTC 2007

On Grey's Anatomy, McDreamy is the epithet used by the female interns
for one of the older male doctors who is (sometimes) dating one of the
interns. It's not particularly derogatory on the show.

Om the extension of this theme, Stitchy McYarnpants' blog goes back (at
least) to September 2004: http://stitchymcyarnpants.com/moks06/?m=200409 .

Alice Faber                                    faber at haskins.yale.edu
Haskins Laboratories                           tel: (203) 865-6163 x258
New Haven, CT 06511 USA                        fax (203) 865-8963