"Location, location, location": a proverb?

Tue May 29 17:30:55 UTC 2007

On May 29, 2007, at 6:21 AM, Doug Harris wrote:

> And the Beatles made two significant contributions
> to the X3 genre, with "All you need is love" and "Give peace a
> chance." While these may not be called 'proverbs', they most
> certainly have served as slogans or mottos.

as wholes they are certainly slogans or mottos -- recognizable
quotations.

the repetitions in question are:

   All you need is love, love, love.

   All we are saying is give piece a chance.
   All we are saying is give piece a chance.

(three times in the first, twice in the second)

i see these as merely emphatic repetitions, found all over the place
in songs of many different kinds ("Money, money, money"; "Oh my
darling, oh my darling, oh my darling Clementine"; etc.).

arnold