Modern Proverbs Appeal

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu May 31 20:39:59 UTC 2007

"When someone wants to give you a gift, accept it."

A variant possibly already submitted:

"Life sucks, and then you die."

When I quoted the above to my roomie, he told me that it was a
well-known line from a song (of course I can't recall its title or the
name of the band!) and countered with:

"Life is a shit sandwich and, every day, you take another bite."

Referenced in the funnies the other day, when Arlo thinks to himself,
"What they say about payback is true!":

"Payback is a bitch."

-Wilson

On 5/31/07, Joseph Nardoni <JNardoni at aol.com> wrote:
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       Joseph Nardoni <JNardoni at AOL.COM>
> Subject:      Re: Modern Proverbs Appeal
>
> I don't know if this works, but it's a phrase I like.  "When you step into
> the void, it is no longer empty."
>
> Joe Nardoni
>

> ************************************** See what's free at http://www.aol.com.

-----