My ADS-L solution

Fri Nov 2 18:06:07 UTC 2007

On 11/2/07, Bethany Dumas <bethany.dumas at gmail.com> wrote:

> With Jesse's help, I unsubscribed from my UT addresses and subscribed
> from a gmail account. Gmail puts all messages in a folder for me and
> also links all messages on the same subject/thread - thus if there are
> 37 messages on a topic of no current interest to me, I have to delete
> only one item - the entire thread.

And if you don't feel like sharing your Gmail address with the list,
you can always tell Gmail to send messages with a different address in
the "To:" line. That's what I do with my Penn address (though as I
might have mentioned, the downside is that it takes about 10 minutes
for the listserv to decide to post messages sent that way).

--Ben Zimmer