Drouth

sagehen@westelcom.com sagehen at WESTELCOM.COM
Tue Nov 6 03:15:02 UTC 2007

Heck, yes.  Drouth was the word for it when I was growing up.  I still say
"drouth" & pronounce it that way, too.
Drought is alien to me.
AM

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 17:14:44 -0500
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: "Drouth"

"Drouth"?! Wow, Charlie, I haven't seen that spelling since I moved
away from Texas and stopped reading The Dallas Morning News and The
Marshall News-Messenger (very roughly equivalent to reading The New
York Times and The Boston Globe, nowadays). Well, not really. Even the
Saint Louis newspapers used that spelling, back in the day.

-Wilson
-----
                                              -Sam'l Clemens

http://link.mail2web.com/LIVE