NYT on Daniel Cassidy

Thu Nov 8 16:06:42 UTC 2007

On Nov 8, 2007, at 10:13, Arnold M. Zwicky wrote:
> to grant barrett: why haven't you put some version of this excellent
> posting --
>
>   http://listserv.linguistlist.org/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0710C&L=ADS-
> L&P=R1614&I=-3
>
> on your website?  maybe along with a link to:
>
>   http://www.popmatters.com/pm/books/reviews/49901/how-the-irish-
>
> are there other good critiques we could point people to?

I think that if I am going to take Cassidy on, it's going to have to
be in a full-fisking of sections of his book, point by point, with a
summary at the beginning that can be easily understood by non-
language-y types. Rebutting news articles isn't really going to cut
it. That's going to take a lot of time, which I definitely do not
have right now.

But we'll see.

Grant Barrett
Double-Tongued Dictionary