vl cluster spotting

Sun Nov 11 02:37:14 UTC 2007

Hmm, I had never heard of the word until your posting. I find Má
vlast on Wikipedia, where vlast is explained as meaning fatherland.
It wasn't in my AHD3, which is the source I cited. I searched for
English pages on Google using the following:

-"Ma vlast" vlast -Smetana

In the top 100 hits, I found zero in an English setting when I
skipped music bands, song names and geographical names. I did find
"Má vlast (My Homeland): The Jiraneks In Canada: General History" at
about hit 90 or so, but no hits on the word within the three pages of
text in the article.

Is it used commonly by ADS members? BB