"... Hit with _the ugly stick_."

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Nov 13 14:21:19 UTC 2007

According to the (apparently) white voice-over guy on random TV
channels, "South Park gets _hit with the ugly stick_"

I haven't heard the expression, "get hit with the ugly stick," since I
was about fourteen, ca.1951, e.g., "((S)he look so bad that (s)he
musta been hit wit' tha ugly stick." Till now, I not only have been
under the impression that only BE-speakers used this expression, but
also that it was peculiar to Saint Louis. You never know.

-Wilson
-
-----
                                              -Sam'l Clemens