Contact info for John McWhorter?

Dennis R. Preston preston at MSU.EDU
Thu Nov 15 16:41:44 UTC 2007

Not professin there no more Wilson. He's now at the Manhattan
Institute and is a darling of conservative talk shows and op-ed
writers when discussions of race in the US come up.

dInIs

>-----------------------
>Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
>Poster:       Wilson Gray <hwgray at GMAIL.COM>
>Subject:      Re: Contact info for John McWhorter?
>
>Isn't this that colored fellow that professes linguistics at Berkeley?
>An article citing him in the NYT some time ago mentioned this, seem
>like to me. You might also want to look up his book(s) on Amazon and
>check the cite(s) there.
>
>-Wilson
>
>On 11/14/07, Grant Barrett <gbarrett at worldnewyork.org> wrote:
>>-----------------------
>>  Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
>>  Poster:       Grant Barrett <gbarrett at WORLDNEWYORK.ORG>
>>  Subject:      Contact info for John McWhorter?

>>  Does anyone know how to reach John McWhorter? This is for someone
>>  else. Anything you can find on the Internet has probably already been
>>  tried.
>>
>>  Thanks,
>>
>>  Grant Barrett
>>  gbarrett at worldnewyork.org
>>  113 Park Place, Apt. 3
>>  Brooklyn, NY 11217
>>  (646) 286-2260

>--
>All say, "How hard it is that we have to die"---a strange complaint to
>come from the mouths of people who have had to live.
>-----
>                                               -Sam'l Clemens

It should be the chief aim of a university professor to exhibit
himself [sic] in his own true character - that is, as an ignorant man
thinking, actively utilizing his small share of knowledge. Alfred
North Whitehead

Dennis R. Preston
University Distinguished Professor
Department of English