recoing

Charles Doyle cdoyle at UGA.EDU
Tue Nov 27 13:40:49 UTC 2007

I sent that message before I was finished with it; sorry! (I was busy pondering the spelling of "boundary" when the message accidentally took wing. Also, I realize that the word "recon" doesn't exactly keep the vowel.)

In regard to clippings, the next thing I was going to note is that on some college campuses, the discipline (and department) of ECONOMICS is colloquially referred to as "eco," on other campuses as "econ." I wonder if that difference is partly influenced by whether the college's official course prefix comprises three letters or four.

--Charlie