-ckx consonant cluster?

Wed Nov 28 22:27:17 UTC 2007

And there's a corner of Picardy in France that has always been
Flemish speaking as well--roughly west of Lille to the sea, including
places like Cassel (Kassel) and Hazebrouck (Hasbroek), and of course,
Dunkirk/Dunkerque/Duinkerke--though the last-mentioned is now
completely French-speaking.

Paul Johnston