Corn Dog and Nachos were invented at Texas State Fair (Houston Chronicle; Independent of London)

Barry Popik bapopik at GMAIL.COM
Sun Oct 7 07:15:23 UTC 2007

What should I do? Write to this guy? It won't make a difference.
I should have killed myself years ago. Maybe some Texas Fried Cookie
Dough will do it.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/5194018.html
Oct. 6, 2007, 8:28PM
SUNDAY CONVERSATION
State fair: It's a great ride
Errol McKoy, who grew up in the North Texas town of Quanah, attended
his first State Fair of Texas as a teenager. He became its president
in 1988 after a career as a theme park executive. The 65-year-old
McKoy is presiding over his 20th fair, a tenure so long he said some
people call him the "cars, cows, corndogs and culture man." The fair
runs through Oct. 21 at Dallas' Fair Park. McKoy stepped off the
midway for a few minutes to answer questions from the Houston
Chronicle's Dallas Bureau Chief Thomas Korosec.

(...)
Q: What's with all the fried food? All seven of your Big Tex Choice
Awards winners and honorable mentions this year came straight from the
fryer. The winner, we see, was Texas Fried Cookie Dough, followed by
Deep Fried Latte.