riflerized

Tue Oct 9 15:53:46 UTC 2007

Does anyone have any idea what is meant here by "riflerized"? I
assume it's a transcription error but I can't figure out what it's
supposed to be.

<http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,300046,00.html>
SCHWEITZER: Greta, I think that you know that a court has to weigh
all the evidence, and it just depends on how much weight he's going
to put on this gentleman's declaration. I would argue that, you know,
it is remote and the court shouldn't consider it greatly, but it has
to consider the evidence. This court has to consider all the evidence
presented and make some determination. So it's not irrelevant.

VAN SUSTEREN: I would — you know what? I would think it's almost
silly because he didn't even come into court. Now, no one asked him
to come into court, but he basically signed a piece of paper, Gloria
filed it, and...

[...]

SCHWEITZER: Let me explain that to you. In California, we have what's
called "riflerized decisions," or "regularized declarations." The
court can make rulings based on declarations during these pendente
lite hearings. Other than a trial...

Grant Barrett
Double-Tongued Dictionary
http://www.doubletongued.org/