Iced Tea; Tailgate Picnic; "No Noose Is Good News"

Barry Popik bapopik at GMAIL.COM
Fri Oct 12 11:49:12 UTC 2007

NO NOOSE IS GOOD NEWS--An old saying, also given as "No noose is good
noose." When did that saying start? What's behind the recent noose
news?
ICE TEA & TAILGATE PICNIC--I've added my "iced tea" material to the
New York Food & Drink and Texas sections of my website, and Tailgate
Picnic to the Texas section. (Texas Tailgating is big at UT.) Any
earlier "iced tea" in 19th Century U.S. newspapers? Maybe someone can
add to Wikipedia to make sure that the 1904 "iced tea" myth doesn't
get told again.
http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/texas/entry/iced_tea1/
http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/texas/entry/tailgate_party_or_tailgate_picnic_tailgating/