follow suite >> follow suit

James Harbeck jharbeck at SYMPATICO.CA
Mon Oct 15 00:15:05 UTC 2007

>I don't know how I'm supposed to pronounce "suite" in "follow suite".

Well, as I learned it, same as "suit." But it is an interesting
question -- are there people out there who would say "follow suite"
with "suite" like "sweet"? Not something easy to determine with a web
search, alas. If there were a good way to limit the hits to end words
of rhyming poetry, that would be a great start (perhaps there is, and
I simply don't know how -- if so, someone please tell me!).

James Harbeck.