"Strew" [stru] v. [stro] redux, sort of

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 16 04:07:14 UTC 2007

A while ago, we discussed a non-standard pronunciation such that
"strew" has a conjugation identical to that of "sew." While watching
_Discovery Health_,I heard a doctor refer to a disease called [spro].
I've heard of a disease spelled "sprue," preumably pronounced [spru].
The other doctors referred to [spro] as [spru]. Google shows "sprew"
as a very rare alternative spelling of "sprue." Unfortunately, there's
no way to tell whether rhe  doctor who used the pronunciation [spro]
also used the spelling "sprew."

-Wilson
-----
                                              -Sam'l Clemens