WTF? Swearing at work is good for business

Doug Harris cats22 at FRONTIERNET.NET
Tue Oct 23 14:38:09 UTC 2007

The various workplaces of Tony Soprano and associates do, indeed, feature
a lot of swearing -- both social and annoyance types. There's also a certain
amount of resulting _social cohesion_ and _stress release_ and, to one or
another degree, a sense of _group well-being__. But there have been a
significant number of individuals who undoubtedly would, if they could,
question the _individual well-being_ finding -- but they can't, given that
they're dead. I'd imagine their response to this particular finding would
be, quite simple, WTF??????
(the other) doug

   ML, 10/22/07: We eventually wound up walking into this complete
other study:
  http://itre.cis.upenn.edu/~myl/languagelog/archives/005046.html