"Silver Tsunami" (first "boomer" files for Social Security)

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 25 06:51:08 UTC 2007

For want of a term, I call this "spelnouncing" - pronouncing a word as it's spelled,
or as one intuits its pronunciation from the usual pronunciation of the letter strings
that make up a word.  I like this because it follows the alphabetic principle, that
letters stand for sounds.  The fact that many words do not follow spelnouncing
makes English harder to learn.  I'm all for making English easier to learn and say.

Basically I think that American's should tell the powers that be that "tidal wave"
is a prefered term to "harbor wave" which is what "tsunami" means.  If they have
a good reason, I'd like to know it.  Perhapas "typhoon" is preferable to "hurricane?"

See truespel.com - and the 4 truespel books plus "Occasional Poems" at authorhouse.com.