The m-word

Charles Doyle cdoyle at UGA.EDU
Thu Oct 25 17:10:42 UTC 2007

Thanks for the links, Jesse! I'm still mystified by the evident aversion to the word (even out of context)--and the vehemence of that aversion--but at least I'm reassured that my students are consonant with the times.

I'll now remember to compliment the cook by describing her cake as exquisitely "wet" or "damp"!

--Charlie