This is almost an eggcorn

Mon Oct 29 14:45:37 UTC 2007

On Oct 21, 2007, at 8:50 PM, Rosemarie wrote:

> If you consider that addicts are referred to as "junkies," this
> could be
> considered an actual eggcorn:
>
> << SCANNING the phone book for a garbage collection service, I came
> across
> one that clearly wasn't afraid to tackle any job. Their ad read:
> "Residential
> hauling. All types of junk removed. No load too large or too small.
> Garages,
> basements, addicts."
>
> --Contributed to "All In a Day's Work" by Mary Beth Carroll

another flapping case, but it's hard to work out the semantics.  a
comment on the ecdb has drug addict >> drug attic:

Commentary by david toccafondi , 2005/02/15 at 6:59 pm

drug addict >> drug attic

I’ve heard people say this for years, but only recently started
noticing it in print:
“many people have experienced one of their peers whose mother was a
drug attic”

I’m not a drug attic..i just need a puff

-----

attic >> addict makes no more sense than addict >> attic, of course.

arnold