More color confusion

Dave Hause dwhause at JOBE.NET
Wed Oct 31 02:56:03 UTC 2007

I'm partial to adding yellow, orange, and purple and further submit that any
of these colors may be adverbialized by the suffix -ish, such as "a kinda
reddish purple".
Dave Hause, dwhause at jobe.net
Waynesville, MO
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mullins, Bill AMRDEC" <Bill.Mullins at US.ARMY.MIL>

I may have mentioned this here before.  I, like most guys I know, believe
that 90% of colors encountered are either red, blue, green or beige, and can
be described with those words plus the modifiers "light", "dark", and
"kinda".

(You'll note I left black off the list.  No need for it.  That suit isn't
black, it's just dark blue.  Whadda ya mean it's black?  Stand over in that
light
over there.  See?)

My wife, on the other hand, has about thirty words for green.  Some things
are taupe (which, like "whomever", is a made up word designed to catch you
in error).  Also mauve (which may be the same as taupe, for all I know).

When we painted our hallway, we had to get color samples.  I now realize the
many "colors" that exist are just a ruse by Sherwin Williams.