lexical query

Arnold M. Zwicky zwicky at CSLI.STANFORD.EDU
Mon Sep 3 23:35:12 UTC 2007

On Sep 3, 2007, at 4:27 PM, Ron Butters wrote:

> I can think of a word ("ambivalence" ) that seems to work the way
> that Arnold is looking for, but that's the only noun (cf. also the
> adjectives "checkered") and it doesn't mean exactly what he seems
> to be looking for.

yeah, this one is a *higher-level* term than the one my friend was
asking about.


The American Dialect Society - http://www.americandialect.org

More information about the Ads-l mailing list