Re: [ADS-L] Iraqi slang (UNCLASSIF IED)

Dave Wilton dave at WILTON.NET
Thu Sep 6 01:24:42 UTC 2007

Trademarks are quite exact.

The trademark is for "Shake 'N Bake" not "Shake and Bake". The 'N makes all
the difference.

(Although if you tried to market a food product called "Shake and Bake",
Kraft would probably win the inevitable lawsuit.)

-----Original Message-----
From: American Dialect Society [mailto:ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of
RonButters at AOL.COM
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2007 8:28 AM
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re:       Re: [ADS-L] Iraqi slang (UNCLASSIFIED)

In a message dated 9/5/07 10:31:27 AM, wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM writes:

>   _Shake 'N' Bake_, however, is a registered and protected trademark of
> Kraft Foods and, as we all know, must never be printed erroneously for
> non-registered, non-protected "shake-and-bake."

What does this mean? How could "shake-and-bake" be printed "erroneously"?
How
is one to construe "non-protected"--what could "protected shake-and-bake"
mean? For that matter, given that "Shake and Bake" may be a "registered"
trademark, how could it ever be "non-registered"?

 Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL at