Re: [ADS-L] Runglish

Darya Kostina tamarra at NGS.RU
Thu Sep 13 15:57:00 UTC 2007

Sure, Dennis, Ponglish or whatever you call it )

It must be about the place of articulation: Mstislav
Kostruba (not quite Russian, by the way, though a Slavonic
name): here we go from the lips to alveolae quite
comfortably. And borsh is CC in pronunciation.
But [ndk] makes you shift back and forth.

Historically, we sure have our awkward words. But slang is
not likely to construct something painstaking, save if the
comical effect is worth it.