southmore

Mon Sep 17 02:25:59 UTC 2007

This was my father's pronunciation. I believe it was quite common in the Midwest in the last century.
------Original Message------
From: Arnold M. Zwicky
Sender: American Dialect Society
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
ReplyTo: American Dialect Society
Sent: Sep 16, 2007 1:40 PM
Subject: [ADS-L] southmore

... as in "freshman southmore junior senior":

Clubs: Track, Basketball, Freshman/Southmore Choir, Powderpuff
Football, Intramural Football, & Senior Yearbook Committee, ...
http://www.myspace.com/ms_informationcentral

You were strong as a freshman on this board, but then you suffered
from the southmore slump. I was starting to lose hope, but damn son,
you are right back ...
http://kcforum.net/forum/viewthread.php?
goto=lastpost&tid=33209&pid=585273

CLASS STARS: 1125 FR - Freshman
1125SO - Southmore
1125JR - Junior
1125SN - Senior
http://members.tripod.com/~spearman73/id30.htm

hey, i am abrahan garza, class of 1997, and was in band from 1994 to
1997 minus my southmore year when i was the mascot.
http://forum.myspace.com/index.cfm?
fuseaction=messageboard.viewThread&entryID=16201569&categoryID=0&...

arnold