Thanks, ads-l!

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Fri Sep 21 14:24:17 UTC 2007

I keep coming across references to "zitful caps" worn by characters
in _A Tree Grows in Brooklyn_ (published in the 1940s but set in the
first two decades of the 20th century), which I'm now listening to.
So I googled it and was referred immediately to the discussion at
http://listserv.linguistlist.org/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0608A&L=ads-l&P=15412
which I'd totally forgotten (amazing how smoothly threads pass by
unnoticed when one isn't familiar with the content under discussion).
I still don't know what it is (other than probably a proto-ski cap)
or what makes it "zitful", but at least I know that others are on the
case.

LH