Spanish Hamburger (UNCLASSIFIED)

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed Sep 26 16:41:03 UTC 2007

At 11:27 AM -0500 9/26/07, Mullins, Bill AMRDEC wrote:
>Classification:  UNCLASSIFIED
>Caveats: NONE
>
>I did look at the recipe, and it seemed to be a pretty standard Sloppy
>Joe mix, except for the celery.  Maybe more peppers than is normal, but
>I can't say for sure.  And that's the source of my confusion.
>
>Is Spanish Hamburger another name for Sloppy Joe meat?  Or is it Sloppy
>Joe with celery added?

I'd say the onions and peppers are even more crucial.  None of these
make the hamburger Spanish, but they do make it "Spanish", or did
back when the recipe was printed.  (I don't mean to suggest that
sloppy joes can't contain these ingredients do, but they're not
criterial in that case, although the tomato sauce is.)

LH