antedating "face the music" (1834); and "vetoite"

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Thu Sep 27 17:50:03 UTC 2007

Another early cite (also from New Hampshire):

As Van Buren, however, has now given 'assurances' that he will not be
a _Vetoite_, we are curious to see how the tories will get over it.
Come gentlemen-no dodging-face the music.-_Dover Enquirer_.

Portsmouth [New Hampshire] Journal of Literature and Politics, May
23, 1835, page 2, col. 6.  Early American Newspapers.

vetoite:  not in OED2.  No Google hits.

Joel