forehead: the little girl with a little curl right in the middle of hers

Doug Harris cats22 at FRONTIERNET.NET
Fri Apr 4 19:57:11 UTC 2008

I don't understand that (whore-head), unless you're implying, somehow,
that, in line with the horId pronunciation, that the corruption is
from whore ID. That sounds rather Freudian!
dh
-

At 11:01 AM -0700 4/4/08, Jonathan Lighter wrote:
>Sorry, Ron. It's gotta be  /'farId/  to rhyme with "horrid."
>
>   Someone once averred to me that "fore-head" amd "horrid" don't
>rhyme at all.  Well, duhhhh!  Not for that kind of individual!

You could try to convince said individual that "horrid" is actually a
corruption of "whore-head".

LH