yahoo

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun Apr 6 17:03:33 UTC 2008

I hope linguists see truespel as an opportunity for development.  It opens new capabilities for phonetic spelling  (English friendly, keyboard friendly, email friendly, filename friendly, spreadsheet friendly, capitalization friendly, and punctuation friendly).  It needs to get into other languages to link translation guides, dictionary guides, reading instruction for begniners and ESL, and analysis tools.  It's true integration for the first time for all these literacy aspects.

I've tried truespel on 13 different languages.  The results are in truespel book one.  I examined 30 words/phrases spoken at travlang.com and spelled them phonetically in truespel.  I repeated the test with another 30.  Both came out the same.   Results showed 95% of the phonemes to be within the Ameenglish foenubet (set of phonemes/sounds in a language).  These languages added 10 different phonemes that needed truespeleeng.  French added the most and swahili the least.  Tonality was not addressed.

Phonetic spelling needs to get into grade schools.  This is happening now with synthetic phonics, which teaches one sound per day. This link is to an Australian news video about a school using the British synthetic phonics program in kindergarten.   They rave about it.   http://au.todaytonight.yahoo.com/video#

The USA led the way in phonetics first teaching with IBM's Writing to Read system.  It tested via ETS and CAL thousands of k-1 kids who learned to write and read phonetically then transitioned to tradspel.  They were way ahead of normal instruction.  This was an idea before its time, before the internet.  It used PC Junior's and special symbols.  Truespel is simpler, better.

I'd be glad to transport the truespel converter to any site that would like it, and work with anyone who would like to advance truespel.

See truespel.com - and the 4 truespel books plus "Occasional Poems" at authorhouse.com.