Error in Truespel dictionary?

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun Apr 6 17:26:14 UTC 2008

Thanks Katharine,

Doing a dictionary is not easy.  I've got 60,000 words in a spreadsheet spelled twice, tradspel and truespel.  First review found thousands of typos.  Second review found hundreds.  Some errors are still in there, but I take consolation having seen McGraw-Hill's children's dictionary and the many mistakes.  I sympathize with them.  I appreciate anyone's help.  Best if done off forum.

Checking m-w.com (a favorite) I hear "prints" spoken as ~prints, but "princess" as ~prinsis (not only is the ~t not there but the "e" is spoken as ~i (short i).  In m-w.com notation the "e" in "princess" is represented as a schwa.  I had to spell out all schwas.  This one sounds like a ~i, ~prinsis.  (I personally say short e, ~prinses.)

See truespel.com - and the 4 truespel books plus "Occasional Poems" at authorhouse.com.