lawyer/liar confluence

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Apr 16 13:22:44 UTC 2008

Several female members of the polygamous Texas sect appeared on Fox & Friends earlier today. One spoke of being unable to see a "lawyer," but the stressed vowel was so unrounded that the word was virtually identical to a Texas pronunciation of "liar." At first, that's what I thought she said.

  The woman's phonology was otherwise unremarkable,

  I wouldn't go so far as to call this homophony "phonological justice," but it comes close.

  JL