Dealing with Disruptive Posters

Wed Apr 16 19:46:16 UTC 2008

A few hours ago, someone suggested that we can best deal with disruptive posters by ignoring them totally. I agree. There is no way of dealing with a person such as the "truespel" guy, who believes that the best way to deal with what he perceives as insults is to hurl insults; who refuses to engage the issues, but continues in his lonely self-praise.

I have sworn in the past to ignore his postings completely, and I now renew that pledge. I hope that others will stop "insulting" him by trying to make sense of his nonsense.

Maybe, if we all just hit the delete button when we see his name as sender, he will go away and leave us alone.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Zurinskas <truespel at HOTMAIL.COM>

Date:         Wed, 16 Apr 2008 18:28:35
To:ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject:      Re: [ADS-L] Standard US English Dialect?

All members of this forum should know that anything interpreted as an insult from me was just response in kind to post directed at me or about me.

Some folk here don't like what I've done in establishing a superior phonetic spelling to IPA or SAMPA in terms of utility nor  my perspective on phonetic spelling.  They have that right.  But the dispensation of ridicule here has been gratuitous with expletives by some individuals in this forum who consider themselves the gatekeepers of orthodoxy.

I've attacked no one but asked questions, given opinions, and defended myself.  The record I keep bears me out.  Calling me an insulting person is of course an insult.  Please note who the insulters are and act accordingly.

Meanwhile I'll be delighted to send copies of my speech on the Cost of Illiteracy given in England next June to those interested.

See truespel.com - and the 4 truespel books plus "Occasional Poems" at authorhouse.com.

http://www.windowslive.com/skydrive/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refresh_skydrive_packup_042008