"send s.o. over"

Sat Apr 19 23:40:27 UTC 2008

This is the only example that I could find, and it is probably a more literal
sense of "send" than Geoff is looking for. Maybe he already found this (at
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4191/is_20070522/ai_n19184581/pg_1):

Kircus' future is up in air
FRANK SCHWAB THE GAZETTE (Colorado Springs) Mah
y 22, 2007
ENGLEWOOD - Denver Broncos receiver David Kircus was charged with
second-degree assault, a felony. The incident might cost Kircus his spot on the team.
According to a report from the Arapahoe County Sheriff's Department, Kircus
attended a party early Sunday and had a disagreement with the female who had
accompanied him. The homeowner repeatedly asked him to leave and the
disagreement with the man continued to the driveway, where Kircus struck him in the face
and left, the report said. The victim was taken to a hospital and treated for
injuries.
Kircus posted a $6,000 bond and was released. He is due in court at 8:30 a.m.
today.
Broncos coach Mike Shanahan talked about Kircus on Monday, before the charges
were announced. Shanahan said he would let the legal process run its course,
but said he wouldn't have much patience if Kircus was at fault.
"If he didn't handle himself the right way, he won't be with us," said
Shanahan, who was unavailable for comment after the charges were announced. The
assault charge is a Class 4 felony, which can be punished by a 2- to 6-year prison
sentence.
Kircus wasn't at a minicamp practice Monday. Shanahan said he talked to
Kircus on Monday morning and recommended he go to the police.
"We sent him over to the police for obvious reasons," Shanahan said. "They
were looking for him. Now we'll let the due process take care of itself."
Shanahan said he heard a different story from Kircus than the one in the
police report, but he said he couldn't go into detail because the case is ongoing.
"You don't know if a guy's defending himself or if a guy punches you or
throws a punch and does hit you," Shanahan said. "There's different stories going
on right now."
Kircus caught nine passes for 187 yards last season, but he wasn't assured a
spot on the roster this year.
The Broncos added receiver Brandon Stokley this offseason, and the coaches
like Domenik Hixon's potential, especially as a punt and kickoff returner. Hixon
missed all of his rookie season last year because of a foot injury.
Kircus' agent, Josh Wright, and his lawyer, Harvey Steinberg, didn't return
messages.
Scheffler should return
Tight end Tony Scheffler, who broke a bone in his foot last week, will be out
for about two months but should return in time for training camp, Shanahan
said. Scheffler had a screw inserted in his foot.
"He does have plenty of time to heal," Shanahan said. "Hopefully he will.
We're expecting a lot out of him."
CONTACT THE WRITER: 476-4891 or frank.schwab at gazette.com
Copyright 2007
Provided by ProQuest Information and Learning Company. All rights Reserved.

In a message dated 4/19/08 5:41:03 PM, nunberg at ISCHOOL.BERKELEY.EDU writes:

> "Yes, angel, I'm gonna send you over," Humphrey Bogart says to Mary
> Astor in The Maltese Falcon. In context, it's clear that what he
> means is "turn you in to the police," but I can't find this sense for
> 'send over' in any dictionary or slang dictionary (memo to JL: Vol. 3
> can't come a moment too soon). Was this a one-off?
>
> Geoff Nunberg

Need a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car
listings at AOL Autos.