"flying fuck"--something of negligible value

Marc Velasco marcjvelasco at GMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 21 21:27:53 UTC 2008

Was 'flying' ever a softened substitute for f****ing, possibly like
flipping?  (Similar to 'darn it' for 'damn it').

And if so, was flying fuck a construction of a softened form of the
word and the word itself?  A wry, ironical version of fucking fuck,
perhaps?